Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Welcome to my mind. I promised myself I'd never do an online journal, because that promotes a "dear diary" atmosphere...and I am not a private person. People tend to think that their precious little opinions are the most important thing in the world; this is pitiful on their part, and it speaks poorly of their upbringing.
(Only MY opinions are the most important things in the world. I will prove to you, once and for all, that you don't have to be smart to be an elitist.)
The best start is to tell you who I am, since we're going to be mortal enemies soon enough. I'm a proud father of three boys, ages 10, 8, and 1 (at this time); I am a published comics fanboy who had to give up on any collecting hobbies when the job at the stock market dried up in June 2001; I am a homeowner who does not trust his neighbors; I am a semi-decent musician who always has something on a back burner somewhere; I try to support the arts, especially modern dance (ecdysiasts, in particular), experimental music (my friend Jim and I INVENTED drum-n-bass back in 1987, since we couldn't find a guitarist who'd stick around), and painting (when you own a house, a Sears card is considered life support); I am a rabid centrist who doesn't trust the media, the two-party system, or Eddie Vedder; I am a Type 2 diabetic who misses cheap bourbon after most days at work; I am Guthrie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home