Thursday, June 17, 2004

Let's keep this brief, part 2.
It's hot tonight, despite the rain. The smell of wet concrete still permeates the air, stifling the rank odor of overaged chicken soup. I don't understand; how is it still so hot, so humid? Somehow, this is Muggsy's doing. I can't prove it, but I know this much is true.
The walls in my dining room are buttery yellow; I didn't pick this color, and on a night like tonight it is obvious that it is not healthy. My tired eyes play over it, in the smeifunctional half-light, and the walls appear to be mottled, like certain yellow roses, with mild reddish streaks.
Yeah, I'm tired. Nothing but work all around, and frankly I am worn out. I'm trying to keep my chin up, but all that seems to do is allow some folks a clearer shot...all's well for the weekend, at least. We're About 9 is playing at the zoo, and there's the possibility of some free meals somewhere (it being Father's Day and all).
Something tells me this will be an utterly unmemorable Father's Day, since the two older boys will be at their biological mother's (thank you, Family Court) and the wife will be taking my youngest to see her father (half a state away). Ah well. Someday all of this will seem like a bad dream.
Hopefully, that day will come before I'm too senile, screaming and drooling, to appreciate it.
Recommended listening for all you uncultured sorts:
Eschellon, A Sample Of...

Astronautalis, You And Your Good Ideas

I'm Your Fan: The Songs of Leonard Cohen, as performed by various artists you've never heard of.
Picturing Lily

Give the local kids some traffic. Some day, they'll be famous and you'll want them to think kindly of you.
Me? I'm already famous. I just don't know where.
Good night. I'm off to dream of large women.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

G. Zus. Key. Riced. THE LINKS DIDN'T WORK!
www.eschellon.com
www.lillianfuchs.com
www.modelcitizens.org

1:22 PM, June 18, 2004  
Blogger Jon M. said...

Don't you know html? Do I have to fix everything?

9:38 PM, June 18, 2004  
Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

I used the "insert link" button.
I expected that to work. Go figure.

9:53 PM, June 18, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home