Tuesday, July 13, 2004

TGSNT, Part 9.
At one point, I think the moonlight left us. It had done its job, and had nothing to apologize for, so I suppose moving on was in order.
Everything in its absence was all hands, mouths, backs, and sweat for what seemed like days. Good days, some of my best, perhaps, but days. It could have been fifteen minutes, or fifteen hours...time was liquid, especially since I couldn't find my watch after that first tussle. There is a hum that fills my ears during such times; it's less like tinnitus, more like a ritualistic metronome.
Then she signaled me to stop.
She wanted to talk. It was probably 3 a.m., which is not a time for talking when you are thusly disrobed. It's not an unforgivable breach of etiquette-in fact, I am hard-pressed to think of one, compared to, say, not mentioning your ex and his friends will be in attendance at the same party-but it certainly seemed oddly timed.
"I want you to meet my parents,"she said,"I've told them all about you."
For most guys, this would be a mighty blast of freon down their BVDs...but not I. I thought this was the best thing I'd heard all night, short of the sound of Stein's voice at that near-fatal moment.
I soldiered on, in warm darkness on a borrowed mattress, heedless of the world beyond. There were only two people in the entire world that night, and I felt reasonably assured that a sequel was inevitable.
Eventually, we both passed out, comfortable, exhausted, drained of whatever angels or demons we needed to expunge.
When I awoke, in the early blue hours, she was already gone.
More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home