Saturday, May 01, 2004

Interim Blog Warning!
Last night was spent at The Space, www.thespace.tk, watching Mighty Purple.
My Grodd, those guys are good...they are as nice as they are talented; despite the fact that it honestly blew goats, my debut as a singer-songwriter (am I the only person who sees this as ironic? I'm a goddamn bassist; actual creativity is supposed to be SOMEBODY ELSE'S JOB) was nonetheless applauded.
I got in at 1am, at which point Jacob, my year-old the size of a 21-month-old, decided he needed some "us time" until about 3:08. This did not stop him from waking me again at 6am. It's a good thing he's cute; that kid is DEFINITELY trying to kill me. Tonight I go to my high school reunion, which bears twofold weirdness (although it's not a paragon or duality, for those of you playing the home game):
-it's been fifteen years, and my hair has somehow returned to the style I had for my senior photos (although I now know how to use styling products, which, despite the widely held urban legend that every teenager in the '80s had an uncaany knack with mousse, is quite an accomplishment);
-it's being held at the same country club where I held my first wedding (there have been two, and I plan to keep doing it until I get it right, by Jove!)
It will be a long night, but if it's even half as cool as last night, it'll be cool enough to justify staying up late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home