Sunday, June 27, 2004

In the meantime.
I'll keep this brief, as brevity is supposed to be the soul of wit.
If Muggsy can go all-list, I can too. So there.
Sounds Abound In The Minivan of Doom:
-Damien Rice, O. It's good. Reminds me of This Picture or Feargal Sharkey...wish I could bring a copy of this back to my chillout days of 1990; I'd have gone nuclear, in terms of macktacularity (see below).
-Radiohead, OK Computer. Also good. What I like about these guys is that I hear something new every time I listen, and this is my favorite CD by them.
-Motorhead, No Remorse. This was my all-time favorite makeout CD, back in 1990...which may explain why I wasn't doing a lot of making out.
-Helmet, Meantime. Geeeeeeetar. Welcome to the Missing Prong/Glenn Branca wrestling album.
Lyrics With New Depth, Leonard Cohen Division:
There's a mighty judgment coming, but it won't take long...you see, you hear these funny voices in the Tower of Song.
All these hunters who are shrieking now, do they speak for us?
More later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon M. said...

Can't say as I care for Damien Rice. I haven't listened to OK Computer in a long time. I prefer Ace Of Spades or No Sleep 'Til Hammersmith myself. Can't disagree with Helmet(new album coming soon.)

"Give me crack,
anal sex,
take the only tree that's left
stuff it up the hole
in your culture..."

5:05 PM, June 27, 2004  
Blogger Thom Guthrie, Bassist and Adventurer said...

Lenny is the bomb, yo...it's all about context.
Always remember that.
Also, Ace of Spades is WELL-represented on No Remorse, just as it is on No Sleep Til Hammersmith.

6:23 AM, June 28, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home